To make a new claim for Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) phone Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688. If you are an existing claimant for this benefit, call 0345 608 8545 for Jobcentre customer services.
A person’s occupation is a vital part of his very being. Without a good or even reliable occupation, a person wouldn’t be able to have a steady source of income. This greatly decreases his ability to survive in society.
The UK government sympathizes with her constituents who are in between jobs at the moment, this is the reason why UK residents are entitled to the JSA or the Jobseeker’s Allowance when they are currently looking for a job. The JSA is for UK residents who are actively seeking employment. This benefit is not usually given to full time students, but part time students are eligible for the benefit.
JSA on the Web
- If you are eligible and would like to claim the allowance, then you can do so online. You just need to go here and fill in the form to apply: https://www.dwpe-services.direct.gov.uk/en/jobseekersallowanceclaim
After completing your online application, you only need to wait 2 working days before they’ll contact you via text message or phone call to ask you for an interview.
- If you would like to make a reclaim or would like to reopen a claim you made for JSA, then you still need to fill in the form here: https://www.dwpe-services.direct.gov.uk/portal/page/portal/jsaol/lp
It will usually take only 10 minutes to complete the form. You will however still be required to go to a Jobcentre Plus for an interview.
- If you live in Northern Ireland, then you can contact your local Social Security and Jobs and Benefits office. You can use this online office locator here: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/contacts/contacts-az/social-security-jobs-and-benefits-offices.htm
JSA via phone
- If you are a UK resident and are unable to apply online using the online form, then you can contact Jobcentre Plus by calling the Jobcentre Plus telephone number 0800 055 6688.
- If you would like to communicate via Textphone, then you can call them at 0800 023 4888.
- If you prefer to speak with a Welsh-speaking customer representative, then you can call them up at 0800 012 1888.
- If you already claim JSA, phone the existing claims number 0345 608 8545.