To make a new claim for Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) phone Jobcentre Plus on their freephone contact number 0800 055 6688. Alternatively if you are an existing claimant for this benefit call 0345 608 8545 for Jobcentre customer services.
A person’s occupation is a vital part of his very being, as without a good reliable occupation a person would not be able to have a steady source of income. This greatly decreases their ability to survive in society and engage in day-to-day activities.
The UK government sympathizes with its constituents who are in-between jobs at the moment as well as the long-term unemployed, which is the reason why UK residents are entitled to Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) payments when they are currently looking for a job. The JSA is for UK residents who are actively seeking employment thus this benefit is not usually given to full time students as this effectively constitutes their job, but part-time students are eligible for the benefit.
Contact JSA via phone – 0800 055 6688
- If you are a UK resident and are unable to apply for Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) online using the website form then you can contact Jobcentre Plus by calling their telephone number 0800 055 6688.
- You can also communicate via Textphone, then you can call them on their Minicom helpline 0800 023 4888.
- If you prefer to speak with a Welsh-speaking customer representative, then you can call them up on their dedicated helpline 0800 012 1888.
- If you already claim JSA please phone the existing claims number 0345 608 8545 to notify them if you have moved home or your circumstances have changed. For example if you have moved in with your partner, found employment or finished your current part-time role then you should notify them as your JSA payments may change accordingly.
JSA on the Web
- If you are eligible and would like to claim for Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) payments then you can do so online, you simply need to go to their UK website and fill in the appropriate web form to apply: www.dwpe-services.direct.gov.uk/portal/page/portal/jsaol/lp.
After completing your online application, you only need to wait approximately two working days before they will contact you via text message or phone call to ask you for an interview at your local Jobcentre.
- If you would like reopen a previous claim you made for JSA payments then you need to fill in the form here: www.dwpe-services.direct.gov.uk/portal/page/portal/jsaol/lp, where you can also make new claims if your circumstances have changed drastically.
It will usually take only 10 minutes to complete the form, you will however still be required to go to a Jobcentre Plus outlet for an interview.
- Alternatively if you live in Northern Ireland you can contact your local Social Security, Jobs and Benefits office by using their official locator here: www.nidirect.gov.uk/contacts/jobs-benefits-offices-jobcentres-and-social-security-offices.